1) To improve written communication skills by developing students vocabulary.
2) Develop responsible, respectful and resourceful school and community citizens
We believe that:
- the learner learns best when he/she is valued, has clear limits set and has a responsibility to him/herself and others
- learning should be fun yet challenging (needs to be long term, “deep”)
- teaching should be learner focused as a process of facilitating learning
- to provide a supportive environment where everyone is valued
- to assist learners to become Educated Citizens
- to provide students with opportunities to develop firm foundations in literacy, numeracy skills, and life skills
- the environment for learning must be safe, supportive and secure
PEOPLE IN THE SCHOOL
- should treat each other in a caring, concerned manner
- should treat each other with mutual respect
- should be accepted and valued as they are
THE COMMUNITY of Frank Hobbs will provide a safe and supportive environment which enables students to be responsible and successful learners.